Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's In A Name













We're given a name
And guidelines to life
Taught about joy
Taught about strife

Then comes the day
We're out on our own
Bombarded with life
To face all alone

The colors we choose
The life that we lead
Is by our design
Fail or succeed

Today was a party art day.  Alexandra, Marc, Kaycee and Marie all joined in the fun.  It was interesting to watch as each of them started with the outline of their name and created a work of art.  All were very different and unique. 

As a mother I gave my children names.  I taught them life lessons to the best of my ability.  Along the way I made some mistakes.  Now it is up to them.  What their life looks like is of their own creation.  As much as I would like to have more influence, I have done my job.  It is their life.  It is their masterpiece. 

What does your masterpiece look like?




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Your children truly are masterpieces, each with unique talents and they chose an amazing mother! Alex's art is just too adorable for words.

    ReplyDelete