Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A New View



Out on a limb
Tried something new
Reaching new heights
Enjoying the view

Not looking back
Not looking down
Just hanging on
And looking around

Releasing the past
As the sun sets
Shedding a tear
Dismissing regrets

Take a deep breath
Watch the sun rise
Face the new day
With hope in my eyes

Taking a step outside my comfort zone is frightening.  I want things to be different. And yet, I still hesitate and struggle with trying something new.  What is most frightening?  Hard to say.  Sometimes I am convinced I will fail.  Sometimes I fear the judgement of others.  Sometimes I am unsure of the results.  What if I don't like the change?  Then what?

As you can see, I finished my painting.  I tried new techniques, new brushes and a new concept.  I even went way outside my norm by choosing yellow as a background.  You see, I hardly ever use yellow.  I have a collection of yellow paint left from all the sets I have bought over the years.  I use every other color until they are gone.  Yellow remains in the box.  Well, yellow is out of the box.  And I like the results.  It seems to be the perfect choice.

Curious that the one thing I usually avoid became the perfect choice.  Life is much like that.  We avoid certain things that end up being exactly what we need.  We surround ourselves with what we know.  Refusing to let anything new touch our hearts.  Shutting off our soul from the one spark that can give us the new life we desire. 

Go out on a limb.  Take a chance.  Let yellow out of the box.  It is a wonderful view.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. I just love the way that you word things. It is very scary when you are faced with trying something new, or even the thought of trying something new. I'm glad you picked yellow :-) The painting is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see if this works - previous comments were under anonymous - lost in the shuffle - now perhaps the yellow sun is shining brightly again and we can find them in the "light" - remember the song, "heavenly sunshine, heavenly sunshine, flooding my soul with glory devine........"? I have a painting by you (many years ago that does have some yellow in it) Looking forward to more yellow in your future - the perfect choice for your new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. checking this out for RSL

    ReplyDelete