Sunday, April 3, 2011

Jokes



Remember all the words you said
The ones you said in jest
Like a cancer they have spread
And now my heart can't rest

I know they shouldn't matter
You tried to take them back
Somehow that makes me sadder
And turns my soul to black

And so I make a small request
Before you speak again
Could I have your very best
For I want to be your friend

So many times we throw words around without thinking about the consequences.  What we fail to understand that once they have hit their mark, the damage has been done.  It is not possible to erase the pain by dismissing it as a joke, or saying we didn't mean it.  While these wounds can heal with forgiveness and remorse, wouldn't it be wiser to not throw them out there at all? 

Teasing and joking with those we care about...well... it is not a joke...and certainly not funny.

Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment