Friday, April 29, 2011

Laughter and Tears



Laughing through the tears
Crying behind the smile
I know that I am healing
I know it takes awhile

But knowing what to do
Before I reach that goal
Is often quite a struggle
And often takes it's toll

The battle makes me weary
Often I feel drained
But I keep moving forward
Fighting to be unchained

So I will keep on crying
Collecting all my tears
And I will keep on laughing
Dispelling all my fears

For there will come a day
About my tears I'm asked
I will simply smile and say
That is just my past


The path to healing is the most difficult path I walk.  There are no maps, no guides not even a compass.  I am the only one who has ever walked this particular path.  And though I have walked it before as my life, I find roadblocks all along the way.  Sometimes I find things along the path that I have hidden so well that I have forgotten they were there.  At times I have attempted to alter the path to avoid the shadows, let alone the wounds of particular events.  Some days the task before me looms over my soul.  All I want to do is stop where I am and call it good.

But I am determined to keep moving.  I want to know what whole feels like.  It is my desire to know a peace within me that cannot be shaken.  I want to experience a life free of shadows.  I want to step into the warmth of the sun.  I want to heal.  And so I go on.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.



1 comment:

  1. I always figure something is healed when I become indifferent to the issue.
    I like how you said "At times I have attempted to alter the path to avoid the shadows". This is so insightful, because we all do it and you put it into words so eloquently.

    ReplyDelete