Friday, April 8, 2011

Toss the Dice




Toss the dice
Take a chance
Don't like your life this way

Toss the dice
Take a chance
Do something new today

Toss the dice
Take a chance
Feeling like your stuck

Toss the dice
Take a chance
Time to change your luck

Toss the dice
Take a chance
Feel you're buried in the sand

Toss the dice
Take a chance
Time for you to take a stand

Toss the dice
Take a chance
Not liking where you've been

Toss the dice
Take a chance
Life's a game for you to win

My life has taken so many turns.  I have tossed the dice and the outcome was not what I had hoped.  At times the toss of the dice has left me feeling stuck.  At times I have felt that one particular move has caused an avalanche of complications that have threatened to bury me.  At times I have been so overwhelmed that I am afraid to make another move.  At times I have wished that I could go back and make a different move.
In these situations my first instinct is to bury my head in the sand.  And hope that no one notices.  In fact, there have been times I have done just that.  When I toss the dice, I am stuck with the outcome. 

The thing is...I am only stuck until I toss the dice again.  Just because that one move left me in an undesirable place doesn't mean I have to stay there.  I can't quit the game in the muck.  I have to toss the dice again.  Sometimes I have had to go through the muck to reach the best places in my life.  And though there are moves I wish I hadn't made, I wouldn't be right here if I hadn't made everyone of them.  So today, I toss the dice again. Because this is my life, my game.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. We are often afraid to take chances, but feel trapped when we don't. Going to start saying "Toss the dice" now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete