Monday, April 25, 2011

A Horse Of A Different Color


A horse of a different color
I am not the same
There is some resemblance
I carry the same name

I don't fit the mold
I think a different way
And yet I still belong
Each and every day

I walk a different path
Which changes as I go
I want to change the world
I want so much to grow

I see through my own eyes
And see through their eyes too
Which filters through my mind
And creates a different view

We are much alike
But I am my own author
This simply makes my life
A horse of a different color


Sometimes when I look at the circles that I am a part of I wonder why things look so different to me.  And yet some things are enough alike to still be a part of the circle.  When I look at my family of origin, I see the similarities and the differences.  When I look at my children, I see how we are alike and yet we all have different interpretations of life.  When I consider my friends, we see some things the same and some things opposite.

Is it really so bad to be different?  Would I really want to be a part of a world where everyone is the same?  The beauty of life is often in our differences.  How would I grow if we were all the same?  How would I become more if there was only one view?  If we all made paper, who would make pens?  Who would write books?  Who would read them? 

Aren't we all a horse of a different color?



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment