Saturday, April 2, 2011

Into the Fire



I see the fire before me
And still I walk ahead
I know the fire burns
And yet I forge ahead
I know the fire consumes
And I bravely move ahead

For when I lay in the ashes
Rebirth
And flight

It is interesting the fires I have chosen to enter throughout my life.  For some reason it is easier for me to jump into the fire for someone else.  If my children are in danger of any kind of pain.  I am there.  Sword drawn.  Without hesitation.  If a friend is suffering.  I am there.  If I see children outside my door being bullied.  I am there. 

Why is it that I hesitate to do the same for myself?  Do I fear the pain?  No.  Do I fear the retribution?  No.  Do I fear destruction?  No.  I hesitate because I question my worth.  What value does my heart hold?  What merit is in my soul?  What respect do my feelings deserve?  What benefit does my life offer to the world?

It is time for me to walk proudly into the fire.  It is time for the fire within me to consume me completely.  It is time for me to fly.

Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment