Thursday, April 14, 2011

Idea

I have a great idea
Started as a whim
A little inspiration
Blowing in the wind

I have a a great idea
Flashing through my mind
Lurking in the shadows
A little undefined

I have a great idea
Lingering on my brow
Beginning to develop
Becoming clearer now

I have a great idea
Right before my eyes
Time to get it started
Before the idea dies

Through the years I have had many ideas, some have even been epiphanies.  The tragedy, getting so caught up in the mundane of everyday that they go away.  Looking back I often ponder what might have been if I had followed through on an idea.  Even the small ideas have the potential of changing my life and those around me.

The challenge becomes hanging onto the ideas long enough to see them through.  It seems that I have many of these ideas when I am running errands, driving in the car, in the middle of a conversation or rushing to get something done.  It is not that I don't have the time to follow through.  It is that I can't do it immediately.  So how do I hang onto my thoughts?  IDEA!!!  Write them down.  So I recently started carrying a journal and a pen with me.  Now I can capture my great ideas.

As I look back over my ideas I sometimes find ones that don't make sense.  I have discovered that often these ideas are just not completely formed yet.  I need more time, information or input for them to become a full fledged, life changing idea.  It is a treasure chest of magic.

Hang on to your ideas.  No idea is stupid.  No idea too simple.  They just may need time to develop.


Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent point of view! Although, if I wrote all my silly little ideas down and actually tried them all, we would have a house full of non functioning gadgets :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post!
    I once had a little idea of having a baby. That idea turned out well, so I did it again. Now, they are grown and we are all the best of friends!

    ReplyDelete