Friday, April 22, 2011

The Heavy Heart


Today my heart seems heavy
With tears I cannot cry
There's no earthly reason
For my heavy sighs

My mind keeps on reviewing
Things that I have lost
And so I sit here counting
Adding up the cost

Living in the shadows
Of my heavy heart
Searching every corner
For the missing part

The one I've been protecting
Trying to conceal
For when it sees the light
Then finally I can heal

A heavy heart, do you know what I mean?  It is not a bad day.  It is not because it's raining.  It's more than that.  Your life is fine.  Everything is moving along.  You are getting things done.  You're moving forward towards your goals.  And then BAM, you are plunged into a dark, oppresive place.  A place that is smothering, like being caught in twisted blankets.  The more you struggle, the more tangled you become. 

When you finally quit struggling, you realize the heaviness, the overwhelming sorry is coming from inside of you.  Because the sadness is so profound you start looking for the trigger.  What could possibly have happened to cause this downward plunge?  While you are searching, your mind keeps flashing back to a simple phrase from a conversation, or the smallest glimpse of a simple act.  You keep dismissing the small things.  You keep searching for something significant that has happened to cause this slide into oblivion. 

And then you realize, it is the flash, it is the glimpse that has put you on this ledge.  It is the little things that have touched a part of your heart that has been locked away, pushed aside, buried deep in the recesses of your soul. 

It is time to expose this part of your heart to the light.  It is time to walk through the pain.  It is time to let the tears fall.  It is time to let healing flood this part of your soul.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...This sounds like something I've been told recently by a certain someone! And I'm trying to let healing in. I'm still searching for what I'm healing from tho, and I feel as if it could be a long journey. We can walk together tho, with the ones we love..I think healing will come faster like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete