Monday, April 4, 2011

The Spirit of Youth



Enthusiasm
Vitality
Potential
Curiosity
Trusting
Pliable
Energetic
Loving
Learning
Leaping
Running
Playing
Laughing
Exploring
Oh the beauty of youth

This weekend was filled with the beauty of youth.  On Saturday I watched Alexandra run freely in her newly fenced in yard.  Back and forth across the yard, throwing herself down and rolling in the grass.  When Aunt Jaimee' and daddy started digging so they could plant strawberries, Alex was right in the thick of it.  Squatted down, hands in the dirt, picking up every tool she could get her hands on.  Whatever daddy and Aunt Jaimee' did, Alex did.  Then off to run across the yard again.  Up the stairs to check on mommy.  Back down to help. 

Last night I had the privilege of meeting three young girls, Autumn, Raiven and Hailey.  They are 11, 9 and 6 respectively.  I watched as they explored our apartment.  Taking in the pictures, the art, the knick knacks and sizing up Jaimee', Lacy and I.  They would run outside to play with a ball.  Inside to play tea party.  Outside to run.  Inside to paint.  Outside to run some more.  Inside to visit.  I watched as they each found a way to have some individual time with each of us.  

Today the world is a brighter place.  Today the world is full of new opportunities.  Today I have new hope.  Today I am excited.  Today my heart is light.  My heart is infused with the spirit of youth.  Today will be a healing day. 

Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment