Thursday, April 28, 2011

Out


Out of whack
Out of time
Out of sorts
Out of my mind
Out of my wits
Out of line
Out of control
Out of sight
Out of tune
Out of practice
Out of work
Out of the box
Out of the question
Out of the cold
Out of money
Out of patience
Out of coffee
Out of milk
Out of fashion
Out of shape
Out of place
Out on a limb
Out in left field
Out of the closet
Out of proportion
Out of bounds
Out of step
Out of character
Out of circulation
Out of gas
Out of luck
Out of reach
Out of order
Out of date
Out of season
Out of service
Out of pocket
Out of touch
Out of breath
Out of my league
Out of my way
OUT OF IT

Now to go all out
Figure out
Clean out
Find out
Get the lead out
Throw out
Rise out
Turn out
Look out
Think out
Weed out
Work out
Take out
Stick it out

Or maybe sit it out
Get kicked out
Slip out
Ship out
Weasel out
Strike out
Fall out
Chicken out
Check out
Bug out
Back out
Act out

Now i am tuckered out
Down and out
Fresh out
Forced out
Far out
Causing fall out
Burned out
Zonked out

So I say...

I'm out



Any given moment of any given day, I am out of something.  I spend so much time out that I don't know what it means to be in.  And I am not the only one.  I often hear people say they are out of any number of things.  So if we are all out, does that mean we are all in?

Should I be striving, fighting, struggling to be in?  What is so great about being in?  Who determined that in is better than out?  If I am in, do I have to stay in?  What if I want to go out?  What if I get in and don't like it?  What if in is not me? 

Perhaps it is time to break out of the mold.  Perhaps it is time to be out.  If I accepted that out is right for me, would I still be out of my mind?  Something to think about.

Peace out.




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. You certainly were not "out of it" when you wrote this!bjl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative poem! This one is my favorite, so far! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete