Tuesday, April 26, 2011

To Be a Giraffe





If i could be just like a giraffe
Oh the things within my grasp

If i had a long thick neck
Oh the things that i could get

If I stuck my neck out
If I took a chance
The things that I could see
With just a passing glance

If i stood so grand and tall
I could simply reach it all

Have you ever let an opportunity go by because of the risk it involved?  Have you ever let a budding friendship wane because your heart was fearful?  Ever have a dream that you didn't pursue because you were convinced it was beyond your reach?  Do you play the "if only" game because you didn't take a chance on something?  Wouldn't it be great to be a giraffe?

A giraffe doesn't consider the risks of reaching for the top branch, he simply reaches.  A giraffe doesn't let fear paralyze him, he just reaches.  A giraffe has no fear of sticking his neck out.  He just does it.  Imagine how far you could see if you were a giraffe.  Imagine what you could reach.

Today I'd like to take a chance.  Today I'd like to see beyond my fears.  Today I'd like to be a giraffe.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I will take your challenge (although a few days late) and report back to you.

    ReplyDelete