Monday, April 18, 2011

A Different Stroke



A different stroke
A different brush
A different color
A different look

A new perspective
A new approach
A new technique
A new result

Unique desire
Unique view
Unique heart
Unique you

A slower pace
A higher cliff
An open heart
A broader view

This life is yours
So take a look
Then take a chance
And find your nook

Things are the way they are.  That is the way they have always been.  I have always been this way.  All phrases we have heard so often.  And all phrases we have uttered.  And we wonder why we don't change.  We wonder why life doesn't get better.  We wonder why we feel stuck.  We wonder why we don't heal.

It is time for something else.  Just because this is where we are, does not mean it is where we always have to be.  If what has always been doesn't work, time for a change.

In the past I would paint an entire painting with one brush.  I would choose my colors and take off.  I would finish the painting in one sitting.  I have been working on my current painting for several days now.  As you can see it is still not finished.  But I am learning so much.  I am using several different brushes.  I am trying new techniques.  I am experimenting with different colors.  Each day as I approach the painting I see it differently.

This is so much like my life.  It is a mirror image of my healing path.  By slowing down and trying different things I am creating something unique and extraordinary.  Each day is a new adventure.  Getting out of bed each day is a pleasure instead of a chore.  Each night I lay down a better person than I was that morning.

Don't like where you are?  Not fond of what you see in the mirror?  Tired of feeling stuck?  Want an extraordinary life? 

Try a different stroke.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Having a different outlook on life or a particular project is what makes change easy. Instead of having the typical negative outlook it is better to realize that change in your life is a positive thing. Like you stated with a new perspective on things your life is a new adventure every day.

    ReplyDelete