Sunday, April 10, 2011

Graffiti (part 1)



Mistakes I make
Leave graffiti on my heart
I become a loser
Useless and dumb
I start to believe
I'm a failure

But I have had ENOUGH

It is time
To put aside the past
Erase the graffiti
From my heart
It is time
To start again

Today I say ENOUGH

Sometimes when I look at the road ahead of me, I question whether or not I can really move forward.  All too easily the past flashes before my eyes.  It makes me question my own abilities.  It is true that I have made mistakes.  And it is true that I have failed in the past.  But why should that define or label my future?  Just because I didn't excel in my past does not mean I shouldn't try again.  

All too often we take our shortcomings and plaster them all over our hearts.  We allow the graffiti to define us.  We allow the garbage to cloud our future.  Well I say ENOUGH.  It is time to realize that the past is just that.  It only clouds our future if we allow it to do so.  We only become those things if we choose to believe them.  I can't change what has been.  But I can influence what will be.

Have you had ENOUGH? 


Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. This made me think. What is the "bar" that is reached by us individually, that says "I am enough. What I do is enough."
    Great, thought provoking post!

    ReplyDelete