Monday, April 11, 2011

Graffiti (part 2)



Graffiti I have chosen
To place upon my heart
Goals that I will strive for
As I make a brand new start

Strong in my convictions
Steadfast on my path
I choose to be a blessing
To everyone I pass

Smart about my choices
Kind and loving to my friends
Honest caring and loyal
Is the message I choose to send

I may be a little awkward
My actions may seem strange
For I am on a journey
To bring about a CHANGE

All too often I have been influenced by others.  I have stumbled through life making mistakes.  And then I get trapped in the mire of my confusion.  

Today is a new day.  Today I make a conscious effort to be the kind of person that I choose.  I want to break free of the labels that I have collected through the years.  I want to climb out from under my mistakes, my disappointments, my confusion.  Today I am ready to CHANGE.  I am fully aware that I may stumble.  I am sure I will still make mistakes.  But, I have chosen my labels.  I know what kind of person lives in me.  Yes, the challenge seems daunting.  And yet, I have excitement in my heart.  Everything seems more focused.  I am ready for this journey.  Today I have the courage to CHANGE.

Would you like to join me?


Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I am in! Was thinking about this very thing last night. We so often get in holding patterns with our thoughts and actions. Even the negative ones feel comfortable to us and it takes diligence to break free. Thanks for the inspiration. Great Part II :)

    ReplyDelete