Sunday, April 17, 2011

I Want It Now



There is no magic genie
No waving of a wand
No snapping of the fingers
No mystic from beyond

This isn't instant oatmeal
Or  pastry from a box
It's not a frozen dinner
No response to clocks

I can cry
I can scream
Throw a fit
And stomp my feet

Healing is a process
Just takes time you see
So take a calming breath
For what will be
Will be



Ever have a dream that is so intense that you can almost reach out and touch it?  Almost taste it.  Ever want to make a change so desperately that it is a burning fire within you?  But you get lost in the smoke.  Ever wake up in the morning convinced that things were different?  But they were exactly the same.

In this world of instant gratification, so many dreams and desires die within us.  We want something different.  And we want it right now.  We expect to get rich overnight.  We expect to have a perfect body overnight.  We expect to have a perfect life overnight.  We expect change overnight.

The reality is, it doesn't work that way.  We have to work at it.  We have to practice patience.  We have to walk the path before us.  We have to persevere.  As my grandfather says, "Anything worth having is worth waiting for".   

My son and I both paint.  He uses oil paints.  I use acrylics.  He spends several days perfecting a painting.  I spend several minutes.  He creates a masterpiece.  I create a painting. 

It is time for me to stoke the fire of my dreams.  It is time to realize that I am worth it.  It is time to work everyday towards the desires of my heart.  It is time to heal.  It is time to change my mantra from "I want it now" to "I want it enough".



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved. 

2 comments:

  1. Dreams are dreams for a reason. Some people call them goals, either way they are something that sometimes you have to fight for. Even though it would be nice to be able to snap your fingers and have what you want. The end justifies the means as you might say. The fight and struggles you have to go through to reach your goals or grasp your dreams is what makes them worth having in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is VERY good!!! I'm a firm believer that anything worth having is worth waiting for, as a very important person in my life I had to wait for. She had to heal in her own time, and I waited for her to be ready. Sometimes, it wasn't easy to wait, but I knew that in the end, she was worth it....so even tho I wanted it right then...I wanted it enough to wait :-)

    ReplyDelete