Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Molding a Masterpiece








Molding a creation
Takes a little clay
A little imagination
And desire to play

The molding of my life
Is simply just the same
Taking all the strife
the tears and all the pain

Adding in the memories
the hope that's in my heart
The dreams that live in me
Create a work of art

Molding my creation
Takes a little time
My imagination
On a journey that's divine

Today I see my life as a masterpiece in progress.  I have created what I am today.  The path that I have walked.  The choices I have made.  The people that I love.  The friends that I have chosen.  All of these things have determined who I am today.  Along the way there have been things that have happened that were out of my control.  And yes they have added to my masterpiece.  How prominent they are is completely up to me. 

One of the beauties of creating, is I can change it if I don't like it.  Change comes in many forms.  If there is something in my life that isn't working I can take it out.  If it isn't working the way I think it should, I can add to the creation.  Sometimes adding another color changes what already exists.  Sometimes I just need to change the shape or the depth of color. 

The important thing for me to remember is what my life is today is only the canvas for tomorrow. 

What does your masterpiece look like?

3 comments:

  1. Very good one!! I like this one, because it makes you sit back and think about how you want to paint your future, and that we are the ones who can control how that future looks!!!

    Inspiring as always :-)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one. It gives me a different perspective on the past. I've always believed that the past is what has made me who I am today. Today's blog gives me a more positive outlook on my past. Realizing I can change things to suit me and what I want in life instead of waiting for the changes to happen on their own. Love you momma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. behind the sofa hangs
    a canvas painted
    layers
    of whitegrayblacks
    imagination
    blocks
    upon which the artist
    saw today yesterday

    people live on
    rays roaming city
    of love
    peaking hinting illuminating
    impressing
    yet sticking
    out each destiny
    a brush stroke

    ReplyDelete