Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rest



My brain is fried
My heart feels mangled
Emotions raw
Sheets all tangled

My body's numb
My legs like lead
I'm moving slow
With foggy head

So for today
I think it's best
To take a break
And get some rest

In the crazy world we live in, we move at such a fast pace.  We are always trying to get everything done in half the time.  We expect everything now.  Whether we are running errands, cleaning house, working on a project or healing, we want the results right now.  What we fail to realize, things take time and energy.  We tend to focus on time.  We look at the clock and think I can get this done or I have time to do that.

What we should really do is rest, rejuvanate, replenish, refresh our body, our mind, our heart, our soul.  When it comes right down to it, if we take time to rest we accomplish more.


1 comment:

  1. This is so me. Thanks for sharing
    Love your writings Dawn. They mean so much to me. More than words can ever say.

    Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete