Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Feel My Heart







Can you feel my heart
Can you feel the depth
Can you feel the love
Can you feel the pain

Can you feel the compassion
Can you feel the desire
Can you feel the betrayal
Can you feel the hope

Can you feel the strength
Can you feel forgiveness
Can you feel the anguish
Can you feel my heart

Alexandra arrived sick today.  You could see it in her eyes.  You could feel it in her fever.  You could see it in her actions.  You could feel it in her hugs.  I considered moving Alexandra's Art day to tomorrow.  When I asked her if she wanted to pick up Uncle Marc, she immediately started signing his name and her eyes became brighter.  I could feel her excitement.  When we arrived home, I could feel her determination to do art today.

A child's heart shines through every action, every expression, every sound they make.  And I am still amazed and intrigued by the heart of a child.  It also begs the question, what dims the light?  What closes the heart?  What happens to a child's heart that causes them to be cautious?  Where is the innocence and beauty of a youthful heart?

As a mother I know the beauty of my children's hearts.  I know the compassion.  I know the depth.  I know the pain they feel.  When their heart is wounded, I am.  When they are discouraged, I am.  When they are overflowing with love, I am.  For that is the heart of a mother. 

As I walk my path day after day, I try to live from my heart.  I try to be compassionate.  I try to be understanding.  I try to be truthful.  I try to be protective.  The pain I often feel is when being honest hurts those around me, the ones I love.  The struggle becomes doing what my heart knows is right even though it makes my heart ache.  And so I ask, do you feel my heart?




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment