Monday, May 9, 2011

My Legacy



I follow in their footsteps
They bravely lead the way
I look to them for answers
Each and every day
For when I have a problem
They begin to pray
And soon I have the answers
To lead me through the fray

I have been privileged to have the influence of many incredible women in my life.  And to each of them I owe a heart full of gratitude.  I am particularly blessed to have three women that have been in my life since the day I was born.  They are family.  It is interesting to me that when I was 2, my Aunt Cheryl was 12, my mother was 22 and my grandma was 42.  And while my path has been rocky at times all I had to do was follow their footsteps.  For they were leading the way. 

I am now 52.  My aunt is 62.  My mom is 72.  My grandmother is 92.  And I know that I owe much of who I am and the person I have become to their patience, their love and their prayers.  When things have been the toughest I have always had the comfort of knowing that each of them mention me in their prayers every day.  These women have taught me how to brush my teeth.  How to play jacks.  How to love life.  How to touch lives.  How to raise children.  How to love unconditionally.  This is my legacy.  As I look to them, it is my heart's desire, that I am leaving a path for my children to follow.  I want to leave more than fond memories.  I want to leave a legacy.




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

2 comments: