Thursday, May 19, 2011

Phone Call To God



Hello God,
This is Dawn
I’m sure you’ve heard my name
My grandma calls it out to you
Every single day

My grandma is preparing
To take a final trip
She will soon be standing
Just outside your gates

She will be rejoicing
And calling out your name
For she has always loved you
And that will never change

God, I have a question
A favor, I guess you’d say
Could you give my grandma
A very special place

She's a special woman
I'm sure you know her works
She's handled every problem
With kindness and with grace

By grandpa's side
For all these years
Teaching your forgiveness
And reaching out in love

They have led their family
According to your word
Guided by your wisdom
Firmly in their faith

So please God
Prepare for her a special place
And should you have a moment
If it’s not too much to ask
Could you give her one last hug
And tell her…
It’s from me


No matter how hard my days have been, I have always had the assurance that grandma was praying for my protection and well being.  She has always accepted me and loved me even when I have made my mistakes.  And even though I know that she is ready to leave this world, I will miss knowing she is there, praying for me every morning. 

I love you grandma.




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful Dawn. She is leaving behind quite a legacy. JW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words from a beautiful (first) grand daughter inspired by true heart felt - heart experiences of love and grace. bjl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. This is all that we can ask. Love you Dawn

    Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitting here with tears streaming expressing a mixture of emotions of my own. I'm so happy to know Grandma is going to be whole again. They joy she will experience when she sees the face of Jesus welcoming her home is something I can't imagine. I love her so much. I too have felt her and Grandpa's prayers as long as I can remember. I picture them in their big chairs reading God's word and lifting each of us up everyday, so faithful. I know He has a special place for her. I love your post and thank you so much for sharing. I'm just going to miss her so much.
    Janel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear ones, how can you believe that Grandma's prayers for her loved ones will cease when she is in Heaven? They won't, but when praying she will be face to face with Jesus. Faith and hope will have been attained and have no further utilty in that City. But love remains there in greater power than ever. Grandma's love will continue to intercede in prayer to the one whose love for you is far greater than her own!
    Ken

    ReplyDelete