Friday, May 13, 2011

In My Corner



I'm going to my corner
Sometimes it's safer there
I'm going to my corner
To contemplate and stare
I'm looking for some answers
The view is better here
For I can see what's coming
And I will be prepared
I'll see the curve ball coming
I'll feel the wind that's blowing
Then maybe your harsh words
Won't penetrate my heart

Sometimes I spend so much time and energy trying to do what is right for the ones I love, that I forget that I need to take care of myself.  I seem to forget that even mother's need a rest now and then.  I forget that when you are in the midst of the fray it is difficult to maintain a proper perspective.  Sometimes in the midst of the chaos I lose sight of the goal.  And when that happens I open myself to unintended wounds from words that pierce my tired soul.

So today, I sit in my corner.  Today I look to regain my perspective.  Today I hope to rejuvenate.  Today I take a step back.  Today I wait.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment