Friday, May 6, 2011

The Cork



Collecting all my feelings
Holding on so tight
They just keep on building
They dare not see the light

Absorbing other's feelings
Adding to the mix
The joys, the dread, the fears
Things that I can't fix

And so I take to hiding
For I have things to sort
I will not add my pain
I will not pop my cork

And so I have these feelings
Until my dying day
I will keep them safe
For I was born this way

Too many times people scatter their feelings freely about this world.  They shower their discontent and anger on random people just because they are there.  As a result many of us walk through life with trepidation and concern.  It makes the world a scary place.  And it is all too easy to join in the fray.

But, I chose to be different.  The world does not need my anger.  It does not need my fear.  They are mine and mine alone.  Why should others be subject to what burns inside of me?  I would much rather take their pain away.  I would much rather take their anger.  If I can ease their burden by listening.  If I can soothe their soul with kindness.  If I can mend their heart with a loving touch.  Then maybe the world would be a little safer for my children and those I love. 

Today I chose to be a warrior of kindness and compassion.  And though I am only one, I believe in the power of love.  Always have and I always will.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I recall someone always saying to put the cork in and allow loving feelings to flow. I watch "American Idol" and often I hear the judges suggest the artists need to control their voice. We should all learn to do this with our feelings...control them, discipline them, be in charge. So many people think they are merely servants of their feelings and not the master.

    ReplyDelete