Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

I can write down all my thoughts
There's no censor here
I can state just how I feel
And I can share my fears
I can pray in my own way
You can do the same
I can study what I wish
And have no fear of shame

We are blessed with freedoms
That others do not share
Purchased with a price
Of those no longer here
So as you make your choices
Each and every day
Be thankful for your freedoms
And those who joined the fray
For some did not come home
So you could live your way

All too often we get caught up in our differences and our opinions.  Perhaps today we should take a step back and be thankful.  Be thankful that we can have our differences and our own opinions because many men and women gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedoms.  Let us not forget that we have many privileges and many rights that others do not even understand.

May you have a blessed Memorial Day.  May we always remember our fallen.  May we always treat each other with respect in their honor.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment