Monday, May 16, 2011

Knots


When I run
Knots in my calf
When I carry
Knots in my back
When I'm hungry
Knots in my belly
When I'm stubborn
Knots in my neck
When I'm tense
Knots in my head

When I'm sad
Knots in my heart
When I'm wounded
Knots in my heart
When I'm helpless
Knots in my heart
When I'm lonely
Knots in my heart
When I'm angry
Knots in my heart
When I am helpless
Knots in my heart

I'm not into knots

Knots can be helpful in my life.  I use them to tie things down so I don't lose them.  I use them to anchor boats.  I use them to keep things together. 

However, I also use them at the wrong times.  There are times that I hang onto memories that tie me in knots and keep me from moving forward.  There are times I hold onto hurtful words from others.  There are times I refuse to express my feelings.  I end up in knots.  This practice of tying knots has become second nature to me.  This practice leaves me restricted, unhealthy and a fraction of the person I could be. 

It is time to let go of the past.  It is time to share my feelings.  It is time to allow myself to cry.  It is time to release the knots within me.  It is time to move forward.  It is time to grow.  It is time to take back my life.  It is time to be the very best person I can be.

It is time...




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Love the analagy - well spoken - I'm here for you! bjl

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ego is so good at reminding us of "our stories". Once we let go of those stories, we fly!!

    ReplyDelete