Friday, May 20, 2011

I'm Still Here


I said I love you
I've said it many times
I know right now you doubt it
But my love still shines

I know that we have struggles
We don't see eye to eye
But still my love remains
Even though it makes us cry

So stomp your feet
And throw your spears
I'm still here
To catch your tears

Toss your daggers
And hurtful words
Fire your cannons
I'm still here

My love is unconditional
Though it causes me pain
Though my tears
My heart have stained
I'm still here
My love still stands

So when you grow weary
And the smoke has cleared
I still love you
And I'm still here

When I say I love you, do you understand what it means?  Do you realize that I am making a commitment to you?  Do you understand I will be there even when things get rough?  Do you know that love goes beyond the giddy, dancing, rainbow moments?  Can you comprehend the principles of honesty, truth, perserverence and determination that are part of that love? 

Love is not just a bed of roses.  Love is so much more.  Love is going through the battles together.  Love is finding each other in the darkest times.  Love is the assurance that no matter what, we will overcome.  Love is being brutally honest with each other and still hanging on.  Love is pointing out the pitfalls.  Love is dusting each other off.  Love is tears and pain at times.  But, love is comfort in the storm.  Love is carrying you when you just can't go on.  Love is unconditional. 

Love is best explained in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 

So again I say, I love you.  And when you need me, I'm still here.




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the impeccable timing! I just lipped off at my husband, felt bad....then read this. You are sooooo right.

    ReplyDelete