Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Burning Bridges









I built a bridge
My love reaching out to you
But you did not believe
That my love was true

You covered it with trash
So kindness could not flow
Your lies, your doubt
Wouldn't let you grow
Then you lit the fire
Fueled it with your rage
I couldn't watch
I had to disengage

You mistook my silence
Believed I didn't care
Blinded by your pain
You tripped in your own snare

And though my heart does ache
I have to step aside
For I am filled with anguish
My tears will not subside

I can see you hurting
But comfort I can't give
My bridge it lies in ashes
And you cannot forgive
So I will say a prayer
And watch you from afar
And hope someday you'll see
What bridges are really for


 




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.....now there are words to reflect on for the night.......Tonks. hope you are doing well

    ReplyDelete