Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chaos Reigns





My heart, my head
My head, my heart
It's no wonder
I can't start

My head, My heart
My heart, my head
It's no wonder
I hang by a thread

Follow my heart
That's not smart
Use my head
Feel the dread

This is why
Chaos reigns
This is why
I feel insane

So the question
Why should I choose
Either way
I fear I lose

There are times the chaos of life brings me to my knees.  Today is one of those days.  The struggle lies within me.  Do I follow my heart?  Do I do what I know is right, according to my heart?  Do I follow my head?  Do I do what is most logical? 

When presented with quandries, I look inside myself for the answer.  Where do I turn when the battle is inside me?  How do you know whether you should be leading with your heart or your head?  Is it always best to respond with love, even if logic says no?  Is it always best to respond logically when your heart aches to be compassionate?  How do you decide?  Better question, why should I have to decide?  Why can't there be an answer that is compassionately logical?  Why is what is smart and what feels right in conflict? 

Follow your heart.  Do what you think is best.  Good advice until they don't match. 




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Once, when my daughter was little, she was working on a drawing she couldn't get right (or so she thought). I suggested she follow her heart. She said "But Mom, my hands hold the crayon". Good blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete