Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chrysalis




A chance to soar
A chance to fly
I've done my time
Crawled through the slime

I've taken in
All things around
The good, the bad
The happy, the sad

I've grown and shed
So many times
To get to this
My chrysalis

And now I'm here
To take the time
To reflect on things
Till I get my wings

When I emerge
From this spot
What colors
Will I take with me

Will the sadness
Dull my wings
Or will I cling
To better things

While I'm here
I hope to heal
So I can fly
With zeal

I hope I take
The best of life
And leave behind
All the strife

I want to fly
on wings of love
For this is my time
My time to rise above

Life is not easy.  Sometimes the struggle is within ourselves.  Sometimes the struggle comes from our choices.  Sometimes the struggle comes from those around us.  Sometimes the struggle is from something way beyond our control.  And though the struggles are painful, this is where we learn.  From the ashes beauty is born.  Even though we do not always choose our struggles, we do choose our reaction.  We are responsible for what we become. 

If you are struggling, fight on.  If you have reached exhaustion, form a chrysalis and rest.  And while you rest, reflect on what you are becoming.  Reflect on how high you will fly.  Reflect on the cool wind beneath your wings.  Reflect on the warmth of the sun.  What will you choose to take with you?  And what will you leave behind?  




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, I think this is one of my favorites. We should take time to reflect instead of scurrying around being busy all the time. Thanks for the reminder. JW

    ReplyDelete