Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Darkness



Beauty in the darkness
Shadows of the past
Glimpses of the future
I know that it won't last

This darkness in my soul
Leads me on my journey
To find the light
And shine it bright
For it will calm the fury

I won't fight the darkness
I won't live in fear
I won't give it power
That it does not deserve

So when the darkness comes
When it floods my soul
I will sit here calmly
Embracing not the cold

For I have this assurance
This darkness that I feel
Is but a fleeting moment
A transition if you will

And when the morning dawns
I embrace the promise
And the darkness of my soul
Becomes completely harmless

Did you ever have such a restless night that you get tangled in the sheets?  Struggling against the darkness increases panic, frustration and desperation, much like tangled sheets.  The more you struggle the worse it becomes.  The more you fight, the more your energy drains.  Instead of resting in the darkness and letting the darkness cradle you, you fight.  If we learn to embrace the darkness, we learn to harness it's energy.  If we learn to let the darkness run it's course, we can walk boldly into the light.  The more we fight the darkness, the longer the darkness lasts.  The more we try to deny the darkness, the more it invades our being.  The more we wrestle with the darkness, the more tangled and frustrated we become.  Calm your mind, release your anger, your resentment, your frustration, your desperation.  This darkness does not define you.  Do not let darkness become your home.  Prepare to walk boldly into the light.




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment