Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Spent


I feel as if
There's nothing left
So for now
Here I sit

My mind is full
Of recent days
Now I'm worn
And in a haze

I feel as if
My light's gone out
And my heart
Is full of doubt

I've been running
To and fro
I've misplaced
My inner glow

I've been going
Day and night
I've nothing left
I just can't fight

Although I know
That life goes on
Today it's best
I stay withdrawn

Tomorrow
is another day
I know that I
Will find my way

Moving on
Is my intent
But for today
I'm simply spent


Craziness has been in control of my life the last few weeks.  So many things that were beyond my control.  So many situations that pierced my heart.  I have kept my candle burning day and night, trying to sort through the chaos and deal with the important things. 

Today I am out of wax.  And frankly I just don't feel like lighting the candle.  Today is a day of reflection for me.  It is my time to sort through all the events of the last few weeks.  Today I am storing the good memories, the accomplishments, the love of the last few weeks.  Today I am letting go of the sadness, the anguish, the disappointments of the last few weeks. 

Sometimes life feels like it is out of control.  Things come so fast that all you can do is react.  I think it is important after these times to just step back and reflect, readjust and rejuvenate.  For me today is that day.

Don't be afraid to give yourself permission to take a break if you are spent.




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. It takes such conscious mindfulness to not react to things. We get so stuck in our "story" that we often forget to allow life to happen without controlling everything around us. Isn't control really about familiarity and struggling to maintain that?

    ReplyDelete