Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Reflections of My Broken Heart


It is no longer as perfect as when I was young
Some pieces are missing
Some will never see the sun

Some pieces are dark and cloudy
Some are stained with tears
Some speak of brighter days
Some speak of better years

Some speak of wonderful things I have done
Some speak of laughter and fun

Some burn with injustice
Some simmer in despair
Some wallow in defeat
Some must be handled with care

Some are dying
Some are still untouched

I am my heart
My heart and I are one

For today's project I used a round piece of mirror, broken glass and WeldBond glue. For those of you that noticed it is not a perfectly shaped heart, that was by design.

As I walk the path of life there are many things that touch my heart.  Some things hurt, splinter and mortally wound parts of my heart.  Other things warm, expand and heal parts of my heart.  There have been times when I was convinced I would never recover, I would never love again.  But time passes and I find that I need love just as I need air to breathe.

Some of my favorite moments are when a part of my heart is touched that was previously undiscovered.  And the true beauty is that it is often the small things that really reach deep.  Sometimes it is seeing someone I know well in a new light.  Sometimes it is seeing the splendor of the world around me.  Sometimes it is a simple kindness by a stranger.  Sometimes it is trying something new.  And sometimes it is a Hallmark commercial.

Though my heart is not perfect, some would say a disaster, I still strive to approach each day with an open heart.  And I would have it no other way.


Copyright 2011  Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment