Thursday, March 31, 2011

Palette of Life

Blue
Let's talk about blue
There is teal blue
Sky blue
Turquoise blue
Navy blue
Midnight blue
Cornflower blue
Blizzard blue
Cerrulean blue
Baby blue
What can you do with so much blue

Red
Let's talk about red
There is brick red
Maroon red
Radical red
Blue red
Violet red
Magenta red
Mulberry red
Scarlet Red
So many reds in my head

Green
Let's talk about green
There is forest green
Lime green
Mint green
Olive green
Yellow green
Spring green
Blue green
Sea green
So many greens I have seen

I could keep going
But you understand
I've got to paint
Because I don't like bland

So many times I have met people who seem to see their life in black and white, with an occasional stroke of gray.  I feel sorry for these people.  How sad is it to think of the sky without blue?  Or a meadow without green?  Or the mountains without purple?  How do you see passion without red? Or warmth without orange?  Or hope without yellow?  Or love without a rainbow? 

Life is a palette of wonderful color.  It is up to us to choose our colors.  Mix them together, spread them around and create a masterpiece all our own.

Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment