Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Gift of Friendship



Trust
Shoulder to cry on
Laughter
Someone to rely on
Conversation
Someone to share
Growth
Someone to cheer
Advice
Someone to forgive
Love
Someone I call friend

Today's project required poster board, colored paper, markers, glue stick, words cut out of anything I could find and the help of my friends Shannon and Kristin.

Throughout the years I have had the privilege to have many friends.  I have had friends that I was very close to for awhile, then our paths went in different directions.  I have friends that I haven't spoken to in awhile.  When we find each other again, it is like we haven't missed a step.  I have friends that have touched my heart in the deepest places and I carry that love and the lessons with me everyday. 

Each friend brings a new perspective and new discoveries.  Kristin, Shannon and I have a unique situation.  I am friends with Shannon.  I am friends with Kristin.  Shannon is friends with Kristin.  But when you put the three of us together it is magical.  When the three of us are together I learn more about myself in a few hours than I usually do in weeks.  We often laugh until my sides hurt.  We can sit in silence and be content.  We all have very different perspectives which helps keep me balanced.  Sometimes one or all of us have bad days.  We help each other through these times and sometimes we all just take a step back.

I know that Kristin and Shannon will always be my friends.  I know this because a few months ago we spendttwelve days together.  Three of those days we were on the road.  We travelled to Las Vegas for a ball tournament.  We planned for weeks before we left.  We all researched all of the different things that you can do in and around Las Vegas.  We combined our lists and planned activities that all of us would enjoy.  Some things would not have caught my eye.  But I enjoyed all of the things we did, primarily because I was with friends.  We shared experiences, meals, a bathroom, a car, a motel room and a couple of close calls.  

Now a few months later I am still learning, still growing and still enjoy spending time together.  We are a little closer, a little crazier and a little more understanding than we were before we took the trip.  What is next?  Who knows.  But whatever comes, we will face it side by side, and have a good time doing it.

To all my friends present and past, I am so thankful for your influence in my life.  You will always be in my heart.  Thank you for the incredible gift of friendship.

Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment