Saturday, March 12, 2011

Take Another Trip


In the world all dark and gray
My dormant heart did lay
Til loves warmth came to stay
Infusing color every day

There have been times in my life, when in response to hurt, disappointment or anger I have retreated within myself.  Sometimes only for a few days, other times for months.  I convinced myself that retreat was the best course of action for self preservation. 

And every time, without exception, it has turned out to be detrimental to my heart.  It is only when I open up and let the warmth and tenderness of friendship, concern and support from the people in my life, flood my heart that I start to experience healing.  When the healing comes my world seems brighter, more colorful and has purpose.  My self confidence increases.  My creativity explodes.  My compassion flows.  My eyes see the good in the world around me.  And my acceptance of differences expands.  I simply become the best person I can be at that moment. 

And even though I have lived the lesson over and over and over, sometimes I am still inclined to retreat.    There is a song from when I was a child that comes to mind.  Take another trip around Mt. Sinai.  According to my grandma this song tells us that we will keep going through the same things over and over until we learn the intended lesson.  The world needs love to survive.  I need love to thrive.  I hope I've got it this time.

Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment