Saturday, March 19, 2011

The View From My Window




I built a brand new window
To view the world today
I added love and kindness
And am watching what I say

I added some compassion
Some understanding too
I am reaching out my hand
To see what I can do

I added joy and laughter
And swallowed all my pride
I am reaching out to strangers
To try and see their side

I built a brand new window
To view the world today
It's beauty now surrounds me
I hope it's here to stay

Today's project required pastels and paper.

In December we covered our windows with plastic.  Like so many others, we were trying to keep the cold out and our expenses down.  While the intent was good, the residual affects were not considered.  We also blocked the sunshine and our view of the outside world.  We cocooned ourselves into our apartment.  It was a very long winter.  We were depressed and lethargic. 

When we took the plastic down, it was like breathing in air after a cleansing rain.  Immediately our moods started to change.  We became more active.  We had more energy.  We started looking for things to do.

Routine is just like that plastic.  Routine is part of my life day after day.    I get so caught up in the routine that I miss some of the beauty around me.  I fail to appreciate the moment I have now.  Life is so short.  It is time to embrace life.  It is time to love life.  It is time to live a passionate life.  It is time for a new window.

copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! Bring on the Sunshine!! Time for total immersion! Am I using enough punctuation? lol

    ReplyDelete