Saturday, March 26, 2011

Wheels



Wheels are turning
Wheels are spinning
Wheels are burning
In my head

Turning here
Turning there
Turning, Turning
In despair

Wondering if
 The words I've said
Are out there spinning
 In your head

Hoping, Praying
What I've done
Hasn't caused
Your heart to run

If my wheels
Ran over you
Please tell me
What I can do

To help the love
Heal your heart
So you can have
A brand new start

Do you ever toss and turn at night thinking about your words or actions from the previous day?  Do you ever wish that when you wake up that the previous day, week, month, year will all have been a dream?  Have you ever wanted to go back and try again?  Have you ever said something that you wish you hadn't?  Have you ever run over someones feelings, thoughts or efforts and just kept on rolling? 

Sometimes in life we are so busy or focused on where we are going that we don't think about how it affects those around us.  The saddest part for me is when the realization hits me that I have wounded someone else.

A few years ago, I was involved in a car accident.  A gentlemen pulled into a driveway to turn around.  He backed out in front of the car I was in.  We tried to avoid him, but to no avail.  I remember him saying, "I didn't see you.  I am so sorry.  I didn't see you."  And although I have recovered from the accident. I have injuries that will always remind me of that day. 

How many times in my journey through life have I injured someone because I didn't see?  How many people have scars that will be with them always because I didn't think?  How many times?

Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

 

1 comment:

  1. Wheels are for turning around when I've been confused; reading the map for directions I find myself going South instead of North. Once I go through the agony of finding a "u-turn" spot the wheels accept my command to turn around and then the longer I go North the injuries become less acute. Dawn I love you and your espressions.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete