Monday, March 14, 2011

Philosophy of Change

"A penny for your thoughts"  How many times have we heard that expression?  How many times have you offered your thoughts and actually received a penny?  If I received a penny for every time I have shared my thoughts I would be a rich woman.  Of course, some people after hearing my thoughts want their money back. :)  Why are so many people afraid to share their thoughts?  Perhaps if more of us shared our thoughts we would understand each other better.  Maybe we wouldn't be so quick to judge.  Just a thought.

Has anyone ever offered you their two cents worth?  After they share their feelings do you feel like you got your money's worth?  Do you ever feel like you got a bargain?  I know in my life there are several people that I would gladly pay for their two cents worth.  Especially those who have been walking this world a little longer than I.  Why is it that we don't appreciate the wisdom of our elders the way we should?  I wonder how much farther I would be if I hadn't been so stubborn and insisted on making the same mistakes as others.  Perhaps this is a good time to have a pocket full of pennies.




Have you ever been offered "a nickel's worth of advice"?  Was it worth it?  Is one nickel worth's of advice enough to make a good decision?  How many nickels would it take to make the right decision?  For me, at least three nickels.  And I would want advice from three very different perspectives.  The more perspectives the better.  One nickel's worth just doesn't shed enough light on the possible consequences of my decision.  Now I need a pocketful of nickels.

"In for a dime, In for a dollar"  Interesting idea.  Not sure it is always the best philosophy to live by.  If I put all my dimes in one place, what other experiences and opportunities am I missing?  Why jump in the pond if I can't swim?  What is the harm in investing a dime now?  See how it goes.  And then invest another dime.  On the other hand, if I am going to offer love to someone, maybe a dollar would be better.  Love by definition shouldn't be a dime at a time.  How can you really show someone the meaning of love if you hold back?  Maybe the answer is both a dime and a dollar.  If the dime is friendship.  Offer the dime.  Build on the friendship.  Let the investment grow.  Then throw down the dollar.  So, now I need a pocketful of dimes and dollars.


"Change for a dollar"  So many possibilities when you say change for a dollar.  You can never be sure what you will get.  It is still a dollar.  But looks so very different.  Life is like a dollar.  Depending on what experiences you collect.  For some it is very simple, four quarters.  For others it is a collection of many different fleeting moments, one hundred pennies.  For some, more eclectic, a quarter, six dimes, one nickel and ten pennies. Or it could be a quarter, four dimes, five nickels, and ten pennies.  Actually the possibilities are numerous.  What does your dollar look like?  Do you have a pocketful of change?

Change is the only thing you can count on in life.  If you are uncomfortable where you are, it will change.  If you love where you are, it will change.  So where you invest your pennies, your nickels, your dimes becomes very important.  Do you have a pocketful of change?  What does it look like?  Will your pocketful of change reach the world?

Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. This was totally awesome Dawn. Loved it!! Brilliant! Just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We toss the coin, but it is the Lord who controls its decision." Prov. 17:33 LB MOM

    ReplyDelete