Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Little Fingers

Little fingers
Little hands
Finding mischief where they can

Little toes
Little feet
Think they're ready for the street

Little eyes
Little ears
Mimicking all the words they hear

 Little Heart
Little Head
Be careful where you let them tread

Today's project includes fingerpaint, paper and Alexandra.

As you can see by the pictures, this was a process.  Alex watched as I covered her spot at the table with plastic.  She observed me opening the paints and placing the paper at her place.  And as I stripped her down to her diaper she started dancing around.  Even though she has never finger painted before, she was excited.  When I sat her at the table and put some paint on the paper, she just looked at me and at the paint.  Once I showed her how, she was off and running.  By the time we got to the second picture she was pointing to the colors she wanted me to put on the paper.  All she needed was a little nudge.  For me, the joy was in the process.  I now have another treasure stored in my heart.

I was talking with my brother Jeff today.  I was sharing my excitement about my blog project.  I told him that it has so energized my life that I seem to have more time and therefore, accomplish so much more each day.  He asked "Do you think things just happen or Do we make them happen?"  We agreed that we don't know the answer.  However, I do believe that you have to be in the game.  Some things just happen.  That's life.  But how I react helps determine the outcome and my perception. 

I was thinking about some of the things in my life of which I am most proud.  And I realized that the real joy, the real sense of accomplishment was in the process.  The more invested you are in the process, the more blessed the outcome.  Sometimes in the process you will experience things that seem contrary to your goal.  We need these moments to fully appreciate all the others.  Think about it.  No injury, No healing.  No sorrow, no joy.  No chaos, no peace.  No indifference, No love.  No death, no life.  So today I will enjoy the process.

Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this - as well as love the two involved loved ones doing this together. I so look forward to your creativity and expressions of life and love. Incidently, I/we love you two very much. Your poetic talents are an amazing gift from the Lord. And I know HE is pleased that you are using your gifts. MOM

    ReplyDelete