Friday, March 25, 2011

Maze of Life


The above maze is not like any you have encountered before.  There is not just one correct way through.  Start at the spot in the middle and work your way to one of the outside spots.  Then you can start again and work your way to another of the outside spots.  There are no dead ends in this maze, just a variety of choices.  Just like life.

Right Turn
Left Turn
Traveling straight ahead

U-turn
Yield
Starting to see red

This choice
That choice
Circling in my head

This friend
That friend
Hearing what they said

This school
That job
Going back to bed

This way
That way
Lots of ways to tread

Circle here
Cirlce there
Such is the life I've led


Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.  Ever play that game?  It has it's advantages.  It has it's downfalls.  It is a good game to play if you learn from your past.  It is a dangerous game if it keeps you from moving forward. 

Life is full of choices.  I have made decisions that I question.  I have moments that I wonder what I was thinking.  But every choice, every decision, every step has led me to this place in my life.  Every left, every right, every u-turn has made me the person I am right now.  Good or bad this is where I am.  If I look back and don't move forward then I miss the glory of today.  If I ponder the past and move forward then I appreciate every moment. 

There have been times that I have questioned the decisions of my children.  I express my concerns and then support there choices.  Sometimes they choose the hard way and question their path.  My advice to them; go through it, learn from it, and move on.  It is what it is.  Life is not a direct path from one point to another.  If we learn along the way, become a better person every day and appreciate the beauty along the way then our life has meaning and is worthwhile.

Life is in the living not the destination.

Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. So true. Expect that there will be turns in the road. Accept the results and move on! Learn from each of these turns. That is called maturity and grey hair.

    Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete