Sunday, March 27, 2011

One







One
Only one
It only takes one
Be the one
One

Look around you.  Do you see the broken hearted?  Do you see the despair?  Do you see the unrest?  Do you see the discouraged?  Do you see the sick?  Do you see the dying?  Do you see the homeless?  Do you see the lost?  Do you see the anger?  Do you see the struggle?  Do you see the hopeless?  Do you see the fallen?  Do you see the resentment?  Do you see the wounded?  Do you see the hate?

It is on the news.  It is in our cities.  It is on our streets.  It is at our neighbors.  It is on our doorstep.

Sometimes I get overwhelmed by wave after wave of bad news.  It seems everywhere I look.  Someone is hurting.  Someone is struggling to survive.  Someone is without hope.  These are troubled times we live in.  There is no doubt.   There is so much pain in this world that I want to pull my loved ones close and lock the doors behind us.

But I can't do that.  For I have taught my children to reach out to others.  I have taught my children to be compassionate.  I have taught them understanding.  I have taught them to look for the good in others.  I have taught them love.

So I must be the one.  I may not be able to change the whole world.  But I can change my corner of it.  I have raised four children who are determined to change their corner of the world.  My children inspire their friends to change their corner of the world.

It only takes one.

Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. This one is amazing!! I love it. And I know from person experience that one of your children is perfect and very compassionate and definitely helped me to change my corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete