Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Great Adventure











Everyday's an adventure
In the life of a child
Something new to discover
Every step of the way
New sounds to hear
New sounds to make
A whole big world to see
And all the little things
New steps to take
New songs to sing
New things to learn
New things to make
Everyday's an adventure
In the life of a child

Today's project required paper, a glue stick, and treasures from an adventure.

Today Alexandra and I picked up Uncle Marc to help with our project.  What a pleasure to have an incredible adventure with my son and my granddaughter.  As we walked outside, Alex would stop and squat down to see something on the ground.  Marc would squat beside her to see what had captured her attention.  I stood back a few steps; for me the adventure was watching the two of them interact.  Marc and Alex started picking up treasures and putting them in a bag.  Marc was drawn to the interesting twigs, the intricacy of leaves and the unusual rocks.  Alex was fascinated by the grass and the dirt.  My fascination, just watching.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see each and every day as a new adventure?  Imagine being glad to meet the day, excited to learn something new, seeing the little joys in life.  Having a small child around has given me a new appreciation for the beauty that lies around me.  I find myself seeing the world through new eyes.  I see things I haven't seen in a long time.

As I was watching Marc squatting next to Alex, I thought how great would it be if we would take the time to try and see the world through someone else's eyes.  How great would it be if we would take the time to get a different perspective on the world around us.  We would gain new understandings, new joys, new possibilities.  There is an adventure waiting for each of us today.

 Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment