Monday, March 21, 2011

Drip, Drip, Drip


Hurry
Plenty of time
Running out of time
Watch the time
Lots of time
Its all in the timing
Time is on your side
Time passed
Not enough time
Time's almost gone
Out of time

Today's project required paper, cutouts and a glue stick.

In the past week I have had several conversations about time with different members of my family.  Alexandra will be eighteen months old tomorrow.  Her mother, Suzy, was talking about how fast the eighteen months has gone by.  She was also noting that so much has changed in that same period of time.  Her husband Jayson, was talking about how much longer it is going to take him to finish school.  To him it seems like it will be forever before he graduates. 

My daughter Jaimee', talked about the passage of time in a recent blog.  She pointed out several milestones in her life that seem like yesterday but they happened years ago now.  My daughter Kaycee and I were talking about some things that happened when she was a teenager.  We were discussing some poor choices I made during that time.  When I told her I was trying to do the best I could for her, she responded "All I wanted was some of your time."  That remark really hit home.  Whenever the kids ask me what I want for my birthday, Christmas or Mother's day, I tell them I just want to spend time with you.

Time is our most precious commodity.  We don't know how much we have.  We can't put a price tag on it.  We always want more of it.  Yet sometimes we want it to pass quickly.  Time is drip, drip, dripping away.  This moment is the only one we have for sure.  We should be using it wisely.  We should be trying to get the most bang for our buck.  What will you do with this time?  After all, It is only a matter of time.

Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment