Thursday, June 16, 2011

Welcome


I believe in love
I believe in an open heart
I believe in compassion
I believe in second chances
I believe in kindness
I believe in grace
I believe in trust
I believe in forgiveness
I believe in patience
I believe in hope
I believe in compromise
I believe in understanding

My heart my gift
Wears a welcome sign
Not a welcome mat
To be trod upon
Treat it as such
I will walk away

All too often people misinterpret love. Just because you love someone does not give them a license to walk all over you or your heart.  Yes there will be times that loving someone causes pain.  If both of you grow through the pain then good things follow.  However, if someone takes advantage of your love, if they keep trambling on your heart then time to walk away.  If someone does something totally disregarding your heart and your feelings then time to walk away.  At times walking away benefits them and your heart the most.  Walking away though difficult and painful protects your heart from severe damage.   Best to walk away and live to love another day.

Does your heart wear a welcome sign?  Does your heart have a welcome mat?  Guard your heart it holds the best of you.




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment: