Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Eye Of The Beholder











Do you see
What I see
Couldn't be
You're not me

Do you hear
What I hear
Hear the fear
Hear the tears

Do you feel
What I feel
Too surreal
Too ideal

Do you know
What I know
Do you prefer
The status quo

Do you believe
What I believe
When I leave
Are you relieved

I can see
We don't agree
So you be you
And I'll be me

I would venture to say that no two people are the same.  There is no one in this world that has the same perspective, thoughts, feelings or views that I do.  And I am good with that.  How black and white would this world be if we all saw everything exactly the same way?  So why is it that we try so hard to convince someone else that we are right and they are wrong?  Why do our differences have to lead to conflict?  Why do we have an aversion to variety? 

I am thankful for the variety in my life.  I am thankful for the differences in my children.  I am thankful for the uniqueness of each of my friends.  Sharing my life with others helps broaden my horizon, keeps my mind open, and offers new thoughts to explore.  When I accept and appreciate the differences in those around me, I am more inclined to celebrate my own unique spirit.  It is not possible for me to experience everything that life has to offer.  However, when I try to see through the eyes of others my world expands.

Today let's celebrate unique.  You be you.  And I'll be me.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment: