Monday, June 6, 2011

In the Valley

In the valley
All I see
Are the walls
Surrounding me

Darkness falls
Upon my soul
Simple steps
Take their toll

Looking up
Knocks me down
In the muck
I may drown

Spinning left
Spinning right
All my goals
Are out of sight

Silence screams
All around
All my fears
Now resound

My heart
Grows weary
The future
Dreary

I cry out
And I lay down
My falling tears
The only sound

My struggle's done
I can't go on
Just in time
Here comes the dawn

Exhaustion, fear, disappointment, loss, uncertainty, failure, misconceptions, deceit, anger... the list goes on.  When these things fill my daily life I slip into the valley of depression.  Everything I do seems to turn to dust.  Every simple task becomes monumental.  Every step seems pointless.  I withdraw and hide within myself.  The darkness becomes overwhelming and oppressive.  I am convinced I cannot go on. 

It is in that very moment something changes.  A ray of hope touches my heart.  An act of kindness soothes my pain.  An encouraging word offers strength.  A simple hug melts my fears.  In that moment I am offered a gift of perspective.  We all have dark times.  And when we are in the midst of them, they seem to go on forever.  The truth is they are simply a valley in between the mountains.

Look again at the picture with perspective...
When sadness fills your heart and depression threatens your very breath, hold on.  This is but a moment of your life.  Look for the dawn.  When you see someone else in a valley, reach out.  Be their ray of hope.  Help them see the dawn. 

This is Dawn...Reaching out...Offering you perspective...




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. You always seem to capture the feelings and thoughts. Together we forge ahead. WOW! The word AHEAD now has new meanings. Love you
    Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete