Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Tie-Dyed Heart

















One day my heart
Was tied in knots
Twisted tight
And all bunched up

Then a friend
Gave me a call
We talked and laughed
About nothing at all

They offered kindness
And understanding
A little love
Were not demanding

The knots began
To melt away
All my troubles
Now at bay

Now I have
A tie-dyed heart
Thanks to love
A work of art

What an incredible experience to tie-dye with a child almost two years old.  We had a wonderful time.  I am not sure whether Alex or the shirt has more dye on it.  As we were working on the project I was thinking about how simple moments like this add color to our lives.  No rhyme or reason to the pattern, and yet a beautiful finished project.  We don't always have control over what life throws at us.  But, we do have control over how we deal with it.  Whatever comes, may it add color to our lives. 




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment