Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy's Hands


They surround you
When you're small
They pick you up
When you fall
They hold you close
When it storms
When it's cold
They keep you warm
They steady you
As you learn to walk
They applaud you
As you learn to talk
They direct you
As you grow
They teach you how
To climb and throw
They fix the things
That you break
They teach you how
To give and take
They gently guide you
As you grow
Show you things
That you should know

When things don't go
As you planned
Just reach out
Hold daddy's hand

I have the privilege of being the daughter of the finest man I have ever known.  He is my gentle giant.  When he walks in his presence fills the room.  Though he is a tall man it is not his stature that is most astounding.  It is his heart.  He is gentle and kind.  He is understanding and compassionate.  He reaches out to those around him.  Protects those he loves.  Stands firm in his convictions.  He is a good man.  And he is a great father.  My daddy, my hero. 

Happy Father's Day daddy.  I love you.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment: