Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Love-a-lot


If I lived in Care-A-Lot
I would be a bear
I think that I'd be Love-a-lot
Then my heart I'd share

I'd wear my heart on my shirt
For all the world to see
I'd dispel all those that hurt
And set the sad hearts free

My message would be simple
Let others see your heart
People would just giggle
And think I'm really smart

Fundamental lesson
Childlike to it's core
The answer to love's question
Is simply to explore

Love without condition
Have no expectations
Release all your suspicion
Exercise your patience

Love as your ambition
Love just like a child
Have no inhibitions
Let your heart run wild


When do we learn about tough love?  When do we learn that love hurts?  When do we learn that love means sacrifice?  Wouldn't it be great if we could clean out our heart?  Wouldn't it be wonderful to love freely and unconditionally like a child?  Love is love after all.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. We can do this unconditionally until we are hurt/wounded. Then we become guarded probably for the rest of our lives.

    cdg

    ReplyDelete