Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Chained Heart


Don't chain my heart
Don't steal my bliss
Can't we learn
To co-exist

You are right
But I'm not wrong
We simply sing
A different song

I know you've lost
So have I
Can't compare
It's not wise

I know you're angry
I feel the same
But I refuse
To hold the blame

I know you're sad
I see your tears
Don't get caught
In all your fears

You have struggles
I have my own
But staying bitter
I can't condone

You expect
Sometimes you judge
That's no reason
To hold a grudge

I disappoint
You disapprove
I understand
I will improve

Don't condemn
My discontent
I'm learning still
 I won't relent

I know you try
To understand
I know you're reaching
Out your hand

But my heart
Has it's own beat
And my journey's
Not complete

I am searching
A brand new start
And so I ask
Don't chain my heart

It is true that love is a universal language.  But we all interpret, receive and offer love differently.  How we experience love and how we maintain the memories in our heart are unique to each of us.  Just because someone else does it differently does not mean our experiences are wrong.  We each hold love in our heart in a way that speaks to us.  We each express love in a way that touches our heart.  That is the beauty of love.  It touches each of us where we live. 

For love to really be experienced fully, it must be offered with no boundaries, no guidelines, no judgements.  Only then can love truly heal the heart.  Only then can there be growth.  Only then can life be lived to the fullest.  And when you offer love without restraints, it comes back to you multiplied.  When you release the chains on someone else's heart, you also release the chains on your own heart.  Love will set you free, if you let it.

Are you ready to be free?



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment